All children who will be five years old by Dec. 31 in the current calendar year are eligible to register for Kindergarten classes that begin in September of that same year. Registration for Kindergarten will take place on the third Monday in January of the year for which the child is eligible. Contact your neighbourhood school for details. Find your catchment neighbourhood school using this link to the online School Locator tool. Catchment maps are available here.
Registration opens January 16, 2017. Registrations received after March 31, 2017 may not have a placement in your catchment school as a result of space limitations – please register as soon as possible.
Documents Required at the Time of Registration
Please note: Proper documentation is essential. Your registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status must be provided for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of Residence (Mortgage Papers, Property Tax Notice or Lease/Rental Agreement)
- Registration Form (also available at your child’s school)
Cross Boundary Registration
To register your child in a Kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please proceed to your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.
Important Information Regarding Application to Programs of Choice
Read our Kindergarten Brochure.
Review our General Registration Info section for more.
Optional Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance
For your convenience, we’ve made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc (iA Financial Group*).
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance offers protection against the unexpected costs of injury from accidents, and is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
For complete plan details, please visit kidsplus.ca.
*iA Financial Group is a business name and trademark of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.