Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten Registration 2023-2024  School Year  Opens January 16, 2023  and closes on March 31, 2023

Please submit your registration documents online via email to If you need to register in person, please make sure you have filled out the registration form in advance and bring all other required documents.

The Langley School District welcomes new kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2023 (children born in 2018) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 5, 2023. Registration for Kindergarten will begin on the third Monday in January of the year for which the child is eligible.

Registration Information

You MUST register through your catchment school. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool.

 “In the event that the District may not be able to accommodate a catchment student within the catchment school, the student will be placed on a ‘School Placement List’ prioritized by date and time of application. The District will accommodate the student at a neighbouring school until such time as space is available.” (Policy No. 7008)

How to Submit Documents


  • Please submit documents via email to Mrs. Weber at
    • Please only use jpeg or pdf files and attach to the email, DO NOT include in the body of the email.
  • After your child’s information has been received and reviewed, you will receive confirmation email from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary)
    • If you are missing any of the required documents, your registration will not be processed until all documents have been submitted.

Work or Study Permits

  • If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, prior to registering at your catchment school, you will need to contact the School District Office at 604-534-7891 or

What Documents are Needed?

Registration Form

    • Please type information onto the form so that staff can clearly read your information.
    • Click HERE to download registration form (for all Grades K-5)

Custody Order (if applicable)

    • Parent/legal guardians who have checked off court order on the registration form must produce a copy for student file.

Student Proof of Age – One of the following;

    • Birth certificate
    • Certificate of citizenship (need both sides)
    • Court Order
    • Driver’s License
    • Immigration Canada documents (need both sides)
    • Passport
    • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.

Parent/Guardian proof of Canadian Citizenship – One of the following;

    • Canadian Birth certificate
    • Canadian passport
    • Canadian citizenship card (need both sides)
    • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.
    • Landed permanent residents’ card (need both sides)
    • Refugee documents from Immigration Canada (with a copy of the Student’s documents, see above)

Proof of Residency – One of the following;

    • Please note we cannot accept a rental/lease agreement, only documents listed below
    • The custodial parent/guardian must be resident in BC and should produce one of the following documents listed below. (Please ensure that the date on the document is within the last six months).
      • BC Drivers license
      • Photo BC Services Card
      • Subject free Purchase Agreement (move in date within 6 months)
      • Municipal tax bill
      • Mortgage statement
      • Utility bill (gas or electric)
      • We cannot accept a rental/lease agreement

Proof of your Child’s Immunization Record (if available – school does not retain a copy)

*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:

Aboriginal Ancestry 

    • Self-Identification of Aboriginal Ancestry Form
    • **Please fill out only if student has Aboriginal ancestry – one form per child**
      Aboriginal Ancestry is determined on a voluntary basis through self-identification. This includes First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Metis or Inuit Ancestry. No documentation other than this self-identification is required and the ancestry can go back several generations.

Medical Concerns

Once you have all the required documents, please email them to Ms. Ruth at sweber@sd35.bc.caPlease only use jpeg or pdf files and attach to the email, DO NOT include in the body of the email. 

Blacklock Fine Arts Elementary

5100 - 206 Street, Langley
BC, V3A 2E5
Phone: 604-530-3188
Fax: 604-530-9726